Difference between revisions of "DCS Download"
(New page: Category:DCS Detector Control System __TOC__ Since there are several packages required for a full DCS for Front-e...)
Latest revision as of 11:44, 20 February 2009
Since there are several packages required for a full DCS for Front-end electronics this page will accumulate versions which have been testet together. It's also reasonable to have only one place for downloading.
- Version 0.9.1 with CE v 0.9.2 for RCU
- core updated to 0.9.1
- INFO log level removed from core default log level
- log level for initialization is 'Info', after init changed to 'Warning'
- State Machines
- support for temporary states and guard structure added
- Handler for USER defined states added to dispatcher, dynamic transition handling implemented
- high-level commands CE_GET_TRANSITIONS, CE_GET_STATENAME, CE_GET_STATES, and CE_GET_STATE implemented for devices
- MsgBuffer access encapsulated completely in separate class DCSCMsgBuffer
- check of msgBufferInterface driver and intelligent handling of failures
- MAIN state machine corrected according to the lates agreements
- ramping of FECs power on/off, FECs are switched with at least 1 second delay between each other
- apply final naming scheme for FECs if server name follows the naming rule TPC-FEE_x_y_z.
- ACTEL control device added
- command set version 4 and 5
- FEE_CONFIGURE improved: scanning of hardware address and printout, history of pending FEE_CONFIGURE commands
- CE_FORCE_CH_UPDATE updates all services beginning with specified string
- service update is stopped during command execution
- Version 0.8.1 with CE v 0.9 for RCU
- core updated to 0.8.1
- CE++ interface finnished, fully object oriented CE
- TPC and PHOS CE converted to CE++
- support and examples for TRD and FMD added
- CE publishs also int and char channels
- Sub-device handling implemented
- ACTIONS can be send to all sub-device state machines
- user defined states added to StateMachine, flexible translation scheme by CEStateMapper object
- rpm support added
- RCU CE
- detector flavors derive from RCU CE base class
- flexible branch layout
- detector specific FEC implementation inherits from FEC base class
- RCU registers published as int channels, currently AFL and ERRST
- switch for 5/8-bit SlowControl interface foreseen, 8-bit access has to be implemented
- Version 0.7.6 with CE v 0.8.5 for RCU
- conversion to feeserver core version 0.7.6
- command set version 3: access commands for all RCU registers added
- file descriptor leak in shell program execution fixed
- benchmark output enabled by --enable-benchmark
- FEC simulation implemented, enabled by --enable-fecsim
- all probing for RCU firmware features and FEC configuration is disabled by default and can be enabled by --enable-auto-detection
- Version 0.7.3 with CE v 0.8 for RCU
- CE converted to C++
- base classes for state machines
- FEE_CONFIGURATION commands implemented
- high-level commands and actions implemented
- FeeServer used in TPC commissioning from May 2006
- CE log messages both printed to std channels and sent as DIM messages
- Version 0.7.3 with CE v 0.6.2 for RCU
- version of the DCS workshop March 06
- Note: this version does not send any log messages from the ControlEngine through the DIM message channel (will be fixed in the next version).
- Version 0.7.3 with CE v 0.5 for RCU
- Version 0.6
- Version 0.5
- Includes updated version of FeeClientLibImp, capable of communicating simultaneously with several FeeServers even if they respond in different order than called.
- View README file on how to install package.
- Version 0.5.0
- Note: there have been changes in the naming of the services, FeeServer versions 0.7-rcu-0.5 or later require at least version v0.4.3 of the InterComLayer
- Version 0.4.2
- this version of the InterComLayer works only with FeeServers 0.7-rcu-0.4
- startInterComLayer: helper script for startup and on-the-fly changes of a default configuration. Description can be found on the TPC FEE setup page.
ARM cross compiler
- precompiled package to be unpacked to /usr/local/arm
DCS board software for TPC
To update the rcu shell on the DCS board unpack the corresponding tar file, e.g.
#logon to dcs board cd /tmp wget http://www.ift.uib.no/~kjeks/download/rcu-sh-1.4.tar.gz tar xzvf rcu-sh-1.4.tar.gz -C /
- rcu-sh version 1.4
- new DCS board firmware v2.2 supported
- writing of compressed data
- faster flash access
- new DCS board firmware v2.2 supported
- rcu-sh 1.5
- requires driver version 0.6
- lock functionality enhanced
The source code of rcu-sh, drivers and additional RCU Flash memory tools.
RCU bus driver
To update the rcubus driver on the DCS board unpack the corresponding tar file, e.g.
#logon to dcs board cd /tmp wget http://www.ift.uib.no/~kjeks/download/rcubus_driver_0.6-debug.tgz tar xzvf rcubus_driver_0.6-debug.tgz -C /
- rcubus_driver version 0.6 debug
- enhanced and fixed lock functionality
DCS board scripts
- tpc-fecmonitor.sh - rcu-sh script generator for TPC Front-end card monitoring
Network setup Tools
- names-feenet.sh - name server routing generator
Check the Download Archive if you are interested in ancient stuff.
The core FeeCom software can be found at
- FeeCom software can be found at the ZTT (for login contact the ZTT).
Further information and downloads for the ARM linux on the DCS board
- Armlinux for the DCS board by Tobias Krawutschke