Cherenkov Telescope Array - Norway
Several Norwegian institutes are involved in the Cherenkov Telescope Array (CTA) - a next level observatory for gamma ray astronomy. We have regular meetings and currently focus on Dark Matter searches with CTA. Here, we collect some information for collaboration.
Information for beginners
Below are some links to introduce you to what we are doing.
- CTA obseratory website: https://www.cta-observatory.org/
- The software we use: https://docs.gammapy.org/0.18.2/index.html
- Suggested reading: Chapter 4 of the paper "Science with CTA" (nice introduction, then it gets more specific) https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.07997
- Short video about how CTA works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gRHFQP_SjU
- Scientific talk about the CTA observatory (status and perspective): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yXTQbF9hsg&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=UlissesBarresdeAlmeida
- Talk about Searching for DM with CTA (at least the intro is nice then it gets rather specific in the end): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idixr03VTDs&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=CsabaBalazs
- Talk on gamma-ray, CTA and gammapy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL8TWYcF0h8&ab_channel=LabExUnivEarthS
- More detailed talk on gammapy by Axel (this can be used for getting started with gammapy. The jupyter notebooks that he discusses can be downloaded here: https://github.com/escape2020/school2021/tree/main/gammapy first he uses the gammapy-overview.ipynb and then gammapy-cta-gc.ipynb): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsAI0TDV5B0&ab_channel=ESCAPE_EU
- If you want a deeper understanding of the underlying python packages, here you can find talks on astropy, scipy, matplotlib, and numpy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC05braEQdP2rCSUamHm9I_Q/videos